Re: On-Line Vs. Print, Single-Sourcing, and how to ignore the obvious

Subject: Re: On-Line Vs. Print, Single-Sourcing, and how to ignore the obvious
From: "Doc" <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:14:47 -0400

Oooops sorry, one of my thoughts was not concluded.
Too often the print medium is used as an excuse for long discourses and
rambling content. Look at the same instructions in a manual and online and
you sometimes see that the electronic version is more direct, less ambiguous
and less likely to wander off into variations in the middle of the sequence.

"Doc" <doc -at- vertext -dot- org> wrote in message news:163936 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Hi Andrew, welcome back!
>
> As a card-carrying single-source lunatic I certainly don't want you to
> forget about it. As I have said in previous posts, single-source is about
> content NOT delivery. If you write good content then the method of
delivery
> should be secondary. Too often the print medium is used as an excuse for

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com