Word Macros, Toolbars and Screentips

Subject: Word Macros, Toolbars and Screentips
From: "Lil Matthew" <lil_matthew -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:43:41 +0000

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me how to change the content of screentips for custom toolbar buttons in Word? (2000)

For those buttons which apply styles, I have renamed them, including the keyboard shortcuts. The name shows as the screentip so the screentips read as 'Stylename (Ctrl+Alt+1)' or whatever.

Where the buttons run macros, this doesn't work. The screentip does not show the name. Nor does it match anything in the actual macro. For example, the screentip for the macro called InsertTable reads 'Table'. The one for the macro called InsertToC reads 'To C' (spacing intentional), making me suspect Word is just guessing.

Can I change this anywhere? These templates are for around 200 users, I really don't want to make them all guess the shortcuts....

Many thanks
Lil
--Would the real Andrew Plato please stand up...

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com