Re: Knock it off

Subject: Re: Knock it off
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:27:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tuples -at- aol -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 7:04 PM

> In a message dated 8/7/02 1:53:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM writes:
>
> > I subscribe from two addresses, but post primarily from one.
If I chose to
> > post opposing viewpoints from each address, who cares? It's
an open
> > discussion. It might look odd, sound odd, and even
illustrate whether I've
> > taken my meds that day, but it's my choice....which I think
was the point
> > somewhere along the line.
>
> I care. If you push both sides of an argument, you are standing
still. It is
> pointless to take both sides. I would suggest that perhaps you
need to think
> this through a little bit better.
>
> Bob

> In a message dated 8/7/02 1:53:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM writes:
>
> > I subscribe from two addresses, but post primarily from one.
If I chose to
> > post opposing viewpoints from each address, who cares? It's
an open
> > discussion. It might look odd, sound odd, and even
illustrate whether I've
> > taken my meds that day, but it's my choice....which I think
was the point
> > somewhere along the line.
>
> I care. If you push both sides of an argument, you are standing
still.

Uh, come again? You are much better off if you can argue both
sides of an argument.

> It is
> pointless to take both sides. I would suggest that perhaps you
need to think
> this through a little bit better.
>
> Bob

In the famous words of Patrick Swayze, "Ditto".

The more voices on this listserv, the more opportunities for me to
learn
something new. I don't mind if they come from n-1 individuals.

Anything that reduces the diversity of opinions expressed on a
public listserv is
unethical.

And I don't know anyone anywhere in this world who speaks in a
completely
consistent voice at all times.

On the other hand, you might be completely correct, and it is a
good thing for
you to tell this other person how to behave. (I don't really
believe that, but I am
trying to follow my own advice.)

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com