Moving RoboHelp 9.2 projects between network directories?

Subject: Moving RoboHelp 9.2 projects between network directories?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:39:20 -0400

I need to move some old RoboHelp 9.2 projects to a new network directory so
they can be shared with the programmers and others outside my workgroup. I
can copy the existing files to the new directory, and the help project
compiles properly, so that's reassuring. However, the path name to the
graphics directory is recorded directly in the HPJ file. The documentation*
suggests that I can simply edit the .HPJ file to change those pathnames, but
the HPJ file itself says "don't change this directly because it's maintained
by RoboHelp", which suggests things aren't that simple.

* You now have anecdotal evidence that at least one person really does read
the docs! <g>

Can I simply copy the directories, manually edit the path to graphics
directory, and continue work as if nothing has changed since I created the
original files?

Or should I avoid diving in and mucking with the plumbing? If so, what's my
best bet for moving the graphics to the new directory and relinking them to
the project files?

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com