Re:Question about terminology

Subject: Re:Question about terminology
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:12:56 -0400

> So what should I put? "From the main menu,
> mouse over ..." doesn't really work to say
> the least and I'm kinda stumped as to what to put...

This is where a picture would be useful.

I would write something like "At the main menu, place the mouse pointer over
Fribble. From the menu that appears, select FribbleFeefer" and put a screenshot
showing Fribble and the menu that appears on top of it (cropped so that you can
leave out the browser chrome and avoid having to shrink the image to fit... I'd
suggest GIF format if the interface is mostly solid colors and lines like the
average Windows application, or JPG if it's full of gradients, fuzzy edges, drop
shadows, etc.).

HTH,
Christine

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l