Re: Style conventions: Pipelines vs. Arrows, Single step style vs. Sentence.

Subject: Re: Style conventions: Pipelines vs. Arrows, Single step style vs. Sentence.
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:34:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/02 2:51:10 PM Mountain Standard Time,
cpcarey -at- hotmail -dot- com writes:

> My tech writing department is new to the company. We are trying to establish
> some style conventions. Two things have come up that my manager (the other
> person in the department) and I completely disagree about. One, do you use:
>
> File|Save
> or
> File>Save

what about File > Save or File | Save, underlining the "S"

That is what the user is seeing when they select File and Save. Who is the
audience for the writing? Are they computer literate? We once had to make
some silly changes in a document written for our internal programmers. We
assumed they of all people would know about saving a file.

Bob

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com