RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: "Harold B. Gill" <hal -at- web500 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:26:05 +0200

Hi Pat and whirlers,

I feel your pain, Pat. I am just at the beginning of a global job search
as my company has just laid me off. Writing content for a Web content
management vendor was a small part of the many tasks that I performed
while managing the work of one other technical writer. We've produced a
very nice Online Help system/Reference Guide using Frame/WebWorks. It's
so nice that I am going to enter it in STC-France competition just
before my severance runs out.

There might be demand for your skills and I think it would be wise to
know DreamWeaver, FrontPage, and if you know a bit about the Web Content
Management Systems that are out there that might help.

The trouble as I see it is that while there might be demand, there are
precious few companies that are in the position to hire.

Best regards,

Hal Gill
Technical Editor
Web500 A/S