RE: "cleaning" a Word style?

Subject: RE: "cleaning" a Word style?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:01:50 -0700

At 07:00 AM 8/16/02 -0600, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

...When modifying the style itself, not the text, by selecting Format,
Style... (or by clicking the Style icon I added to my toolbar), I often
encounter styles with many attributes I do not need.

For example, the Word doc I just opened has a style that includes
"....Georgia, 11pt, English (US), Flush left, Line spacing at least 14 pt,
Space after 6 pt, Not AutoSpace between Asian characters and Latin
characters, Not AutoSpace between Asian Characters..." and so on.

I want to make all that disappear...

Ideas?

Just a thought, Keith. Throw a dummy paragraph in there
somewhere. Format it as normal. Make sure it doesn't
have any of the bizzar character attributes you want to
purge. Then apply the bizzaromundo style and select
"update the style to reflect the current changes". That
should bring you back to square 1 on the style so you
can redefine it appropriately.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher
PLEASE NOTE NEW WEB PAGE - http://members.cox.net/susanwg/