Re: Add Text to My PDF

Subject: Re: Add Text to My PDF
From: John McDermott <jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:04:29 -0600

Jeremia Gardner wrote:
>Some co-workers of mine have an interest in adding textual labels to
>diagrams that are in .pdf format.

>Any opinions on the best and easiest way to add text to .pdfs?
>
>I am on digest, so direct responses would be much appreciated?

This is called PDF stamping and is often done via a script to "personalize" or serialize (number) PDF copies. That is, if you have a case where you want to make copies unique and still preserve the document, you can "stamp" the pdf. You can google for "pdfstamp" or, if you have a perl programmer around, ask him/her to get Text::PDF (it's a perl thing) and show you how to use it. It works from the command line and its free. It is really simple and can be used to number hundreds of files in seconds...

--john

--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant