Re- Do I have a right to feel POed??

Subject: Re- Do I have a right to feel POed??
From: "Trish Castin" <pcastin -at- cadence -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:15:28 -0400

As someone who's 4+ months pregnant, I'm finding people are treating me
a bit differently, too. This *may* be related to the "Protection
Police" that I've found... Meaning, people either leave you out of
things "Not to worry you" or they are assuming you're going to up and
leave in the middle of the release and because you're "out of
commission!"

Sheesh! I'm pregnant, not disabled! (*Absolutely no offense intended to
disabled people!*) One reads all my source material, answers questions
"on my behalf" (ha!) and such. Apparently there's a history here of
Preggos leaving early due to complications, so it's automatically
assumed (by some) that the same might happen to me. I'm very healthy
and other than an occasional tummy yuck, doing fine.

People get weird around pregnant women. I think you have a right to be
POed, but I'd also make the attempt to let it go and maybe talk to them
about the why. Protection from people is a sweet notion, but is highly
obnoxious to us "independent women!"

Hang in there and may your delivery be as quick and painless as
possible!

Trish Castin

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com