Re: What would I do with this

Subject: Re: What would I do with this
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:52:27 -0400

At 11:42 AM -0400 8/29/02, John Posada wrote:

I have an opportunity to own a license for a copy of Seagate's
Crystal Reports, v8.0 for free. This sw runs about $325, so if I can find a
use for it, I'd hate to pass it up. However, I don't know if I've ever sat
there and thought to myself "Boy...I sure could use Seagate's Crystal
Reports about now!".

So...question...if there are any writers out there who use it, what cool
things have you use it for?

I haven't used it, or even seen a demo, so I can't list specific fascinating uses for it. On the other hand, two recent job interviews have ended with the words "Your writing skills are excellent, your resume is impressive, and I've rarely seen better references...but the other candidate has experience with Crystal Reports."

Given the opportunity (and sufficient cash <sigh>), I'd jump at the chance to play with it.

Kat Nagel
--
Boss to well-dressed hippopotamus:
"No, the bunny didn't get the job because the bunny is cute.