RE: Bombs in the Workplace

Subject: RE: Bombs in the Workplace
From: "Kathy Mizell" <KathyMizell -at- mfpoer -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:23:49 -0500

I would not mention the name of the company in the item you are writing. Unfortunately, their attitude shows up elsewhere. My company used to lease the 8th floor of a 18 story building. When leaving for lunch one day, several of us encountered police and fire personnel. Since there had not been any type of alarm, we asked what was going on. We were informed that that a bomb had been discovered in the basement of the building. Building management decided that an evacuation would be disruptive so nothing was said. The word of the bomb discovered quickly spread throughout the building. Within a couple of days, building management released a memo to all tenants apologizing for their disregard for the safety of all and stated that a new policy would be effective immediately which would require the complete evacuation of the building in this situation in the future.

Kathy Mizell
Phone: 972-770-1114
Fax: 972-770-1101
kathymizell -at- mfpoer -dot- com