Re: Tuesday's news: cost-cutting measures

Subject: Re: Tuesday's news: cost-cutting measures
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- best -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:08:09 -0700

I'd hesitate to change to part-time work. Where I last worked, employees had to work at least 32 hours/week to receive benefits. Your taking the reduction in pay AND paying for all of your benefits is quite a change.

sue ellen adkins

At 2:29 PM +0100 9/3/02, Jane Carnall wrote:

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's gone from full-time to part-time at
the same company, or any thoughts from people about how best to present the
plan of the company getting a part-time technical writer (and currently, I'm
the only one they have) instead of a full-time one.

Jane Carnall
"Tiny weasels."
http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20020903.html
Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith
my control.
Home: hj -dot- carnall -at- virgin -dot- net

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com