Friday's news: redunded

Subject: Friday's news: redunded
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:37:10 +0100

It's good news and it's bad news. I'm redundant, but OTOH there's a very
fair redundancy package, plus some enthusiasm (though no guarantees) about
giving me freelance work in the future.

Today's my last full day and the last day at this e-mail address (I'm coming
in next week for a handover, because a lot of people are on holiday this
week).

So, I've made up my mind: I'm going to try freelance work for at least the
next six months and see how it goes. I'll be unsubscribing from this
e-address - obviously - but re-subscribing to a yahoo e-address, so I can
log on to this list from anywhere. I consider TECHWR-L one of the most
valuable tools a freelance tech writer could have!

I took the day off yesterday and got the deal for my new domain name and
server space finalised, got a quote for business cards, sent out 40 CVs to
agencies I've been in touch with over the past year, wrote a doc selling
myself to Digital Bridges as a freelancer. My new website should be up and
running by 11 September 2002, and I look forward to finding out what the
future holds.

Jane Carnall
Determined Freelancer / Technical Writer, Editor, Indexer
jane -dot- carnall -at- virgin -dot- net
11/09/02: www.wordswrite.co.uk

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com