Problems with Japanese in Index & TOC in WebHelp

Subject: Problems with Japanese in Index & TOC in WebHelp
From: Marc Becker <becker -at- castify -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:33:11 +0200

Hi,

Has anyone worked on localizing a RoboHelp HTML 2000 English WebHelp project into Japanese?

I'm running into problems trying to display Japanese text in the TOC and Index panes when running the WebHelp project in Netscape Navigator (any version).

I've saved the .hhc and .hhk files in UTF-8 (also tried UTF-7 and Unicode) and am still getting largely gibberish. Some characters display OK, most don't. All Japanese text in the HTML content file displays 100% correct.

I'd be very grateful if someone can explain a solution for this . . .

marc

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com