corrupt word file

Subject: corrupt word file
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:56:15 -0700 (PDT)

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been sending along questions about Word. (thank you everyopne) Well, here's another. Before anyone says anything bad about me, let me just state that I inherited this doc, so it's not my fault!!! :-)

Here's the problem. I've been owrking on this doc, and at various points during my work, the file comes up corrupt and crashes everything. BIG surprise. I think I've pinned it down to a corporate logo in the header. Everything works fine until I delete the logo. Then Word suddenly doesn't like the file any more. Does anyone know if deleting a graphic can cause file corruption, and if so, does anyone have anidea on how to go about fixing it? I could spend days fussing with it, but I'd rather not. I suppose the ultimate answer may be to start a new file and do a massive copy/paste job.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com