Re: corrupt word file

Subject: Re: corrupt word file
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:23:22 -0700

At 12:56 PM 9/9/02 -0700, Sean Hower wrote:

...and at various points during my work, the file comes up corrupt and crashes everything. BIG surprise. I think I've pinned it down to a corporate logo in the header. Everything works fine until I delete the logo. Then Word suddenly doesn't like the file any more. Does anyone know if deleting a graphic can cause file corruption, and if so, does anyone have anidea on how to go about fixing it?...

Just a shot in the dark, Sean, but is the document divided
by section breaks and are and of the headers that follow set
to "same as previous"? If they are, once you delete the graphic,
scroll thru the headers and click "same as previous" off and
back on again. See if that helps. It may just be unreleased
dependencies.

-Sue Gallagher
susanwg -at- cox -dot- net

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com