RE: Job hunting in Canada

Subject: RE: Job hunting in Canada
From: Michael Bryans <Michael -dot- Bryans -at- hummingbird -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:10:07 -0400

Andy,

It looks like you have most bases covered: Workopolis and resources such as
online Job Banks for Canadian STC chapters. The Toronto STC Job Bank
includes Toronto, the greater Toronto area, and the South-western Ontario
chapter.

That Job Bank has been relatively dormant lately. Workopolis is often
dominated by agency postings. As you may know, agency postings can be badly
written, misleading, or mere efforts to populate their database with
résumés. Despite that, you might want to get in touch with reputable
agencies since they usually have a broad client base.

Disadvantage of distance? Apart from telephone interviews, what else can
you do but try to organize a sufficient number of interview appointments to
justify the expense of traveling to one of the major cities. You might
consider making that trip at a time that coincides with the local STC
chapter meeting; these are excellent opportunities to network and gather
contacts.

If you need more info, contact me offline.

Regards,
Mike (Toronto)