RE: Job hunting in Canada

Subject: RE: Job hunting in Canada
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:44:05 +0100

I'd add Vancouver to that list of cities...see my former chapter at
http://www.stcwestcoast.ca/. The site includes a job bank and a list of
local resources at http://www.stcwestcoast.ca/hiring/hiring4.html.
They're also hosting a regional conference in November, which might be a
good spot to shmooze for contacts if you're from that part of the world.

Speaking of Canadians not being Americans, us Canucks always get all
atwitter when there's Canadian content on American TV. I saw the West
Wing episode last night where, due to a border change, Donna is
temporarily converted to a Canadian (and hence can't attend the first
lady's--should that be capitalized?--birthday bash). The following
exchange between her and a colleague illustrates the two nations'
relationship:

AMY
Canadian, huh?

DONNA
Yeah.

AMY
You feel funnier?

DONNA
No, but I am developing a massive inferiority complex.

Thanks. DB.

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com