RE: WebWorks and graphics

Subject: RE: WebWorks and graphics
From: "Bill Burns" <Bill_Burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:58:11 -0600

Hi, Lorraine.

>I am a new user of WebWorks Publisher. I have just converted frame files to HTML using
> WebWorks Publisher Standard and am having some problems with the way it treats graphics.
>The graphics display just fine, but the text wraps around them causing a number of
> problems.

This problem is usually due to having graphics anchored to paragraphs that contain text. To provide the most control and the best results with the layout, it's best to anchor graphics to empty paragraphs. If you can't modify the Frame source, you might be able to modify the graphics macros to insert <br> tags before the affected graphics. For more advice on matters related to WWP, I recommend the wwp-users group on Yahoo Groups. It's an excellent resource for such questions.

Bill Burns
Technical Communications Manager
MS Help MVP
Lionbridge Technologies
bill_burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com