Re: Begging for help in West Virginia

Subject: Re: Begging for help in West Virginia
From: "bryan johnson" <bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:15:26 -0400

Steven Brown wrote:

"... I was in Dayton, Ohio, which my wife would argue isn't far
removed from the third world of West Virginia!"

I must stand up and defend the reputation and honor of my fair city! As the home of the Wright brothers, Paul Laurence Dunbar, the world's largest aerospace museum, world class research laboratories, and excellent universities, I hardly think the comparison to the third world was just! I happen to work at one of the world's largest robotics companies and while we may not be silicon valley, there's a lot of cutting edge technology being created right here in the third world of Dayton, Ohio! With a minor league baseball team, art institute, theatres, museums, parks, literally hundreds of miles bike trails connecting Dayton to surrounding cities, nearby amusement parks with the world's largest wooden roller coaster, I don't know what you were looking for that you couldn't find. With a rich history, and a vibrant future, Dayton is a great place to work and live. Often, what you take away from a place is equal to what you have brought to it. So, before you write off a city (or the entire state of West Virginia) take another look, and keep an open mind.

Best regards,

Bryan K. Johnson
Senior Technical Writer
Motoman Inc.
(937) 847-3407

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com