Re: Documenting field descriptions in printed documentation

Subject: Re: Documenting field descriptions in printed documentation
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alyssa Fox <a -dot- fox -at- pentasafe -dot- com> wrote:

> Are any of these preferred or standard, and if so, which one? If not, does
> anyone have any suggestions as to a good solution for this?

No, *I* don't think any of them are either preferred or standard. I think it is
important that you all settle on one way of doing it and do it that way
consistently. (But you already knew that.)

You're going to get a lot of opinions from the list on this, but the real solution,
in my opinion, is for you and your co-writers to sit down and hammer out a standard
you will all agree to follow. This exercise should take no more than fifteen
minutes, but in reality it will probably take at least an hour (sigh). Bring donuts. :-)

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 08/30/02
--When asked what he thought of Western Civilization, Mahatma Ghandi is reported to have answered, "I think it would be a good idea." (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Mahatma_Gandhi/11)--

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com