Re: Change happens, deal with it

Subject: Re: Change happens, deal with it
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:22:38 -0400

On 09/23/2002 9:56 PM, Andrew Plato (gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com) wrote:

>You both don't understand the world ethical.
>
>This is a real simply issue: change happens - deal with it. That goes for
>everybody. Managers, employees, writers, morons, etc.

Isn't there a difference between the normal unpredictability of the
workplace (change happens, deal with it) and the sleaziness of some
companies (did we say "doc manager?" Well, in this corporate culture,
that's what we call "administrative assistants.")

The former is just the way the world works... you're told, in all
sincerity, that you'll be working on a flashy new external product, but
the internal accounting system takes sudden priority and you have to
write about that instead.

The latter is, really, unethical. They lie to get you in the door.

It all comes down to the intentions and sincerity of beliefs behind the
promises, right?

Mike

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com