RE: Having a killer resume

Subject: RE: Having a killer resume
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

I've never used an objective statement. Every example
I've seen has always seemed so dumb. However, if the
idea is to give the HR clerk something to key on, I'm
covered. Right under my name it says: Technical
Writing and Information Design. That should be a
clue.

Immediately under that are sections for Skills, Tools,
and a Portfolio note as to the kinds of docs I've
produced.

Now maybe that all adds up to an objective statement.
It seems to cover the needs defined so far.

Maggie Secara

--- Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com> wrote:

> Actually, there is a good point to this. *sigh* I
> may have to concede my
> point.
>
> I suppose an "objective" statement is good when a
> company has many openings.
> It prevents your resume from being put in the wrong
> stack. I would hate for
> my resume to fall to the floor, and then be put in
> the stack for lackey
> rather than writer by mistake.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

AUTHORINGTOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on upgrades.
Offer ends Oct 31, 02 (code: DTH102250). http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com