Re: Word 2000 Bible or the like.

Subject: Re: Word 2000 Bible or the like.
From: cpwinter -at- rahul -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:32:38 -0700

On 1 Oct 2002, at 14:50, Justin Ressler wrote:

> I know for sure that this topic has been discussed multiple (read as 1000's)
> times on the list, but have you ever tried to search the archives for
>
> "Word Help Guide" or "Advanced Word Help Guide" or anything of the like?
>
> Yeah, well...not too productive.
>
> What I need is the "No S* -at- # guide to Word 2000."
>
> I really don't care about the fluff...I want the advanced concepts and
> ideas.

You could take a look at this, if it's still in print.

Cummings, Steve
Microsoft Office 2000 Secrets
Foster City, CA: IDG Books Worldwide, Inc., 1999
ISBN 0-7645-3262-6

I second Keith Cronin's rave review of Word 97 Annoyances. However,
that is out of print, so you'll have to go to a second-hand bookstore to
find it.

As I recall, the Cummings book (don't have it handy) tries to resemble
"Annoyances" but doesn't succeed -- it's a matter of tone, mostly. This is
not to disparage it; it is well organized and contains a lot of material.
You'll have to decide for yourself if it suits your needs.

Chris

AUTHORINGTOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on upgrades.
Offer ends Oct 31, 02 (code: DTH102250). http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com