RE: Help me find the right tool

Subject: RE: Help me find the right tool
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 07:06:52 -0700

Selene,
To create the help components (TOC, Index, and Search), check out
DevaTools and DevaSearch. These are add-ons to Dreamweaver, cost approx
$250, and are very easy to use and well documented so you can customize
the output to your design. I don't believe the search is suitable for
extremely large projects, but I honestly can't remember what the
limitation might be. www.devahelp.com This is a much cheaper solution
than RoboHelp and I've had not a single bit of trouble with the
software.

In addition, use the site management features in Dreamweaver that Jeff
mentioned. Will save you lots of headache. For getting very familiar
with Dreamweaver, I recommend the "Dreamweaver, the missing manual" book
(affiliated with O'Reilly publishing). It's not only very helpful, it's
an excellent read.

Lisa