RE: Do choosy mother mothers choose GIF? another pronunciation

Subject: RE: Do choosy mother mothers choose GIF? another pronunciation
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:10:08 -0600

Maybe, since it stands for GRaphical Interchange Format, we should
pronounce it "Grif(f)".

That brings back memories of 1994 and one of my older son's first favorite
videos, "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs." In addition to humans (driving
Cadillacs, of course) and dinosaurs, there were The Griff, which were
creatures who could talk, but who had special powers.

Cheers for Monday (and watch out for Wohochucks),
Lisa B.
:-)

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Lisa Bronson
Associate Technical Writer
Evergreen Packaging Equipment
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319-399-3239

"Writing about yourself is a tremendously powerful exercise. If you want to
know how accurately you perceive reality in the present, try writing about
your perception of your past. You just might discover an entirely new
reality."--Lisa Bronson

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com