Re: OT: junk mail woes

Subject: Re: OT: junk mail woes
From: Jeff Hanvey <jeff -at- jewahe -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:29:47 -0800 (PST)

Create a message rule that send anything from the main part of the address to the trash.

I've noticed an upsurge in spam to my account as well...someone must have trolled through Usenet, and the techwr-l mirror, and scavenged our email addresses.

I'm beginning to wonder if we should axe the usenet portion of this group. Eric?

Jeff

--- "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com> wrote:

>In the past three weeks the volume of spam and junk email to my business
>account has swollen to alarming numbers - sometimes 50 -100 per day or more
>(and two months ago it was maybe one or two). I've tried blocking the
>addresses, but each email from the same domain has a slightly different
>email address (although the domain is the same).
>
>I'm using Outlook Express - how do you block a domain, rather than an email
>address? OE's online help has a topic titled "blocking domains", but that
>topic never gets around to actually telling me how to block a domain - just
>individual email accounts.
>
>I know this is off-topic to Techwr-L, but if any of you have some simple
>instructions for blocking crap from -dot- -dot- -dot- -at- c0olmail -dot- com I'll be most
>appreciative.
>
>(And I do wonder how this flood of spam suddenly started.)

Jeff Hanvey: http://www.jewahe.net

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com