Re: Want to Recommend a Book?

Subject: Re: Want to Recommend a Book?
From: "Lisa Wright"<liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:02:56 -0800

Anything by Geoffry Moore, especially Inside the Tornado and Crossing the
Chasm. I think he has a new one out. These are more marketing focused but they
give you an excellent perspective of technology life-cycles.

I believe there have been presentations by experienced tech writers on the
relationship of the technical writer to the business cycles that Moore
describes. Ginny Redish wrote one, you should be able to locate it on Google.

HTH,
Lisa

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:48:32 -0500 Cindy Hudson <chudson -at- ECS-INC -dot- com> wrote:

> I need to read and review a management book to
> meet a work goal. My boss
> wants to be sure I review something that will
> challenge me and suggested
> something in one of the following areas:
> project management, departmental
> efficiencies, budgeting, or methodologies. And,
> of course, anything that
> relates these subjects to technical writing is
> a plus.
>
> Can anyone make a recommendation or two?
> Thanks!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com