Re: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files

Subject: Re: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files
From: Janet Murphy <janet -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:02:54 -0500

I use VSS, but not with FM. But, I have the same batch image issue and you'll
be happy to know there is a batch checkout function. Try this:
1)From VSS, use the CTRL key to select all the files you want to check out.
2) Go to the icon bar, and look for the icon that has a yellow disk on top of
the piece of paper w/a right arrow (on mine it is under the "SourceSafe" menu
option.

Click the icon to "Check Out Multiple" files.

good luck.
janet murphy

"Broberg, Mats" wrote:

> <snip> IHow do you solve the problem of checking out perhaps 50-100 image
> files when you need to work with the FM file? AFAIK there's no "batch
> checkout" function in VSS and that leaves you to checking them out one by
> one, which would be extremely timeconsuming.
>
> Best regards,
> Mats Broberg
> Technical Documentation Manager
> FLIR Systems AB