Re: What good is it if you can't find it?

Subject: Re: What good is it if you can't find it?
From: "Jo Francis Byrd" <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:32:57 -0600

Both of Susan's examples support one of my pet contentions: the most
accurate and complete information in the world is useless if you can't find
it, and chances are, the only way you're going to find it is via an index. A
GOOD index. In the examples Susan cited, the lack of comprehensive indexing
made the information nearly impossible to find.

If we're going to write accurate (and consistent!) content, we should also
index it. And index it well.

Jo Byrd