Customized Toolbars Heck

Subject: Customized Toolbars Heck
From: "Mike Bradley" <mbradley -at- techpubs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:40:24 -0800

I'm getting a new PC at work ... again. Windows 2000 with Windows XP
apps.

Being an inveterate tinkerer, I've customized the toolbars and menus on
my current PCs in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, FrameMaker, Distiller, and
Paint Shop Pro (and maybe a couple of others that I can't recall just
now).

FrameMaker and Distiller settings are in separate files, so transferring
them is routine, but what about the MS and Paint Shop Pro settings? Are
they saved separately? I'm really tired of redoing every darn toolbar
customization every time I get a new PC.

There's an Addins folder in \Program Files\Microsoft Office\ with a
number of .ecf files. What are they?

= Mike Bradley
Tech Pubs

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com