Advertising Insanity!

Subject: Advertising Insanity!
From: "Anita Lewis" <anital -at- threerivers-cams -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:36:30 -0600

I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing insanity with Internet
advertising, and how you're handling it. The tech writing tie-in is
that our product is all web based, including the help files, (of
course). I was walking through our help files yesterday through IE 6.0
and I started noticing strange hyperlinks underlined in specific words
(such as "database"). I know I didn't link it to anything. When I
hovered over the link, I got a little message "Oracle... No. 1 Database
on the market! Fastest performance on your fastest computer." Clicking
the link takes me to the following:
http://www.oracle.com/start/unbreakableoracle/intro_unbreakable_rac.html
?src=1400412&Act=100
This is VERY bad for us because we are a total MS shop (no flames
please!). Part of our marketing hype is that we're Certified Partner to
MS, etc. So we can't very well have a competing product link to our
help files! I've looked through the browser settings but I can't figure
out how to stop it. It's critical we figure out how to stop it ASAP, as
our clients are using these help files all the time (really, they do!)
TIA to all who respond. Thanks -
Anita Lewis
Training and Customer Support
Three Rivers Systems, Inc.