RE: dictator's - language

Subject: RE: dictator's - language
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:45:06 -0500

> I think "forcibly" is a little aggressive. Here's

Who cares? Administrators can do administrator things. These things include
locking people out. If those who are not administrators don't know this,
it's about time they learned.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

> I think "forcibly" is a little aggressive. Here's
> what I wrote just last month for what I think your
> sentence is trying to say:
>
> "Administrators can also lock an account, if
> necessary. For example, when an employee leaves the
> company, it may be useful to lock out their access
>without immediately deleting the account."
>

>> See this step in one of the user manuals:
>>
>> "Users with the Administrator role can forcibly
>> logout users"
>>
>> What is your opinion about using word " forcibly"
>> here?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com