Pick Slip Party

Subject: Pick Slip Party
From: "Andrew Brooke" <ABrooke -at- ADVANCEDUTILITY -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:29:53 -0500

Craig wrote:

...When I asked who does their documentation, he answered, "The
engineers." I made another inquiry. He replied, shrugging, "Ahh, they
muddle through it."...For a career changer, this was not encouraging.
Anyone care to relate a more positive encounter?

There are two kinds of companies - those that appreciate the need for
tech writers to the point that they hire and keep them, and those that
do not. You only need concern yourself with the first type - the second
type aren't even worth worrying about - unless you're working for one of
them!

For what it's worth, it only took me about one month to get a new job
after being laid off, and I had only about 4 years experience - many
writers have even more.

Andrew Brooke
abrooke -at- advancedutility -dot- com
http://www.compuquick-consulting.com

"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, 1899

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com