Re: Apology to Sharon

Subject: Re: Apology to Sharon
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:25:01 -0800 (PST)

<kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com> wrote ...

> I'm *still* getting angry e-mails, even though Sharon and I have publicly
> made peace with each other. C'mon people, that horse is dead, and I was
> apparently its rear end. I mean, if you've just GOT to be indignant about
> something, how about waiting until the NEXT thing I do that pisses you
> off? <g>

Oh that's nothing...

I have had people calling my customers and telling them I am evil and they
should hire them. I have a few members that despite blocking their email
address and even blocking their company's subnet at my firewall have went out
and used home addresses or hotmail accounts so they can continue to berate me
in private. And then when I blocked their home address - got a THIRD account
just so they could keep annoying me.

I guess what I am really saying is - welcome to the club.

> Seriously, this has been an uncharacteristically angry list for the past
> year. I kinda think it's a post-9/11 thing that has left many of us
> itching to fight about *something*. I know I've felt this pull, and have
> seen its effect on the rest of TECHWR-L.

Its usually just a few people who flat out "don't get it." They take
everything terribly seriously and can't accept a universe where people disagree
with them. Small issues become escalated into all out rhetorical nuclear wars.

All Internet lists go through periods of intense action and anger and then they
mellow out and cycle back around.

> It's not good.
>
> How about a collective New Year's resolution to try to mellow out a
> little? I'll try it if you will... :)

Naaaa, I'll probably just stop posting again when things get really bad. I
don't have much to add to this list anyway. I have grown so distant from tech
writing I really can't even speak with any conviction about my own ideas.

Oh well. It better than a swift jab in the liver.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com