RE: difficulties displaying a % in plain html loaded into Flash

Subject: RE: difficulties displaying a % in plain html loaded into Flash
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:07:33 -0500

Elizabeth,

Have you tried the Unicode equivalent? For % it is U+0025, but you usually represent it as \u0025. Check this site for a complete list:
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/demos/ansi.html

There is also an article on macromedia.com that talks about using Unicode with Flash:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/unicode.htm

HTH,

Matthew Horn
Sr. Technical Writer