Re: QUERY: Bidding

Subject: Re: QUERY: Bidding
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:46:28 -0800

Bonnie Granat wrote:

I think that I need to see the product up close before I make a bid. Is there
any reason why I should not say so? I'm planning on writing this to the
company:

Bonnie,

I think that not only is there no reason not to ask for more information, but that it's necessary to do so. A primary goal of an estimate is to let everyone know the resources needed to complete the project, and a poor estimate is sometimes worse than none at all.

If they have a spec/site map that is complete enough to work from, you may be able to use that for your estimate instead of working directly with the product, if the potential client is hesitant to let you do so. Certainly example pages, specs, and details about the structure, even use cases (if the client has them), are needed to understand the depth of the project.

Just my two cents worth...

-joanne

PS - Happy holidays to everyone!

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
_
( ) ASCII ribbon campaign
X against HTML email
/ \ & vCards

Never give a sword to a man who can't dance. -Celtic Proverb

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com