Re: Perks (was phone interview)

Subject: Re: Perks (was phone interview)
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:33:50 -0800 (PST)

"Bruce Byfield" wrote..

> To repeat: you don't take the single answer to a single question and
> apply it to a simple key that will give you all the answers. You add it
> to what else is said, and what you can observe.

Okay, I buy this concept in theory Bruce. It boils down to instinct. Ask some
basic questions about the company and then judge their responses against your
instinct. If the company seems hostile or unpleasant, then don't work there.
Context, as you said, is the key.

I guess where I was going with this was to point out a potential
double-standard. As a job applicant, nobody wants to be judged unfairly. I
think we can all agree that it would be stupid if a company rejected a job
applicant because they liked to eat tofu.

However, that same principle applies in reverse. It would be equally bad if a
job applicant pooped on a job because the people there were not a perfect match
for them.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com