Re: typing @ speed

Subject: Re: typing @ speed
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:50:16 -0700

Writing speed (the time it takes you to write a manual) has nothing to do
with typing speed. Don't sweat it.

Some people do assume we tech writers are good typists (just like many
assume we are inherently good spellers), but I've never had it put to the
test (fortunately). I did buy a Mavis Beacon CD simply because I'd like to
be a better typist. But I've never gotten around to trying it.

Your skill with whatever tools they use will be FAR more important than
actual typing skill. Make it a point to become an expert at whatever tool
they give you. Good luck - sounds like a good opportunity!

Keith Cronin
who, according to six different e-mails he received this morning, can
double the size of his - er - manly attributes, by simply clicking on the
appropriate link.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com