Re: Novice tech writer seeks more recruiters, advice

Subject: Re: Novice tech writer seeks more recruiters, advice
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:15:18 -0500

From: <craig -dot- cardimon -at- att -dot- net>

| Would you all recommend spending 40 bucks to shoot your resume to more than
| 2000 technical recruiters? I'm talking about http://www.resumeagencies.com/.
Or
| is this simply another scam?
|
| Speaking of recruiters, can you fine folks recommend a few more technical
| writing agencies, perhaps in the Philadelphia, PA, area?
|
| You have already referred me to Beverley Rhinesmith at Performance
| Fundamentals, Aerotek, UserEdge, Gloria Reisman at the Reisman Consulting
| Group, and Jeff Burkhardt of the Yoh Company.
|
| In all cases I have made initial contacts, but I could really use more
names.
| Suggestions and advice would be appreciated.
|

>From that poorly written site:

"This is like sending an email to a recruiter at a cost less than 0.0190
cent."

Anyone here pay to send e-mail? Sure, we pay our ISP, but who pays to send
e-mail? This and other inanities on that site would make me assume they're
just another "business" that is set up to simply take your money.

Bunch of hokey, if you ask me.

BONNIE GRANAT
Editing & Writing
http://www.editors-writers.info