RE: Safety precautions in the US

Subject: RE: Safety precautions in the US
From: "Carolee Ketelaar" <carolee -at- ketelaar -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:19:11 -0500

Gunther--

"Lockout/tagout" refers to a set of OSHA regulations (Occupational Safety
and Health Administration--a governmental agency in the U.S.). The full name
is "Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout)." Chris LaPorte accurately
summarized the regulations in an earlier posting.

A client I worked for last year needed to include this procedure in an
operations and training manual I was writing for them. They had some source
information for me, but to learn more, I went to OSHA's site:
http://www.osha-slc.gov/SLTC/controlhazardousenergy/. Do a Google search for
"lockout tagout" if you need more info.

Carolee Ketelaar
CK Technical Communications
Technical Writing * Technical Marketing Communications * Writing Instruction
McMurray, PA
mailto:carolee -at- ketelaar -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com