Re: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume

Subject: Re: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume
From: Bil Gladstone <admin -at- bcnexus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:03:48 -0800

"Karen L. Zorn" wrote:
> How many blatent typos have you seen on job listings on Monster, Dice,
> HotJobs? Yes, it's "just" an advertisement, but what does that say about the
> company, the HR person who placed the ad, etc?
~~

This is one of the reasons that I always include a straight cut/paste of
their advert in my email cover letter. If they've made a silly typo and
I reproduce it in quotation marks, I presume they'll catch it, smack
hand to forehead, and understand that we're all human.

OTOH, I recently replied to an ad in which the HR manager's name was
spelled two different ways, as was the email address (e.g. HR -at- domain -dot- com
: HR -at- domian -dot- com), and the bid closing was listed January 20,2002. Was
this a trick or negligence? I don't know. I got short-listed, so I'll
tell you after the interview in February :)

Bil Gladstone
P.S. I looked at their website for the correct name and address of
course; and to confirm that this was a current, 2003, job posting.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com