OT: RE: The Lone Writer

Subject: OT: RE: The Lone Writer
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:15:09 -0500

I've never really understood the concept of boredom.
If I'm not entirely engaged in what I'm doing, then
either I'm about to be because an accident has been
developing while I've been coasting, or I can
think about other stuff, because the task at hand
is rote and non-engaging.

If I'm left in a room with nothing to read and
nothing with which to write, and no toys to play
with, then I can always resume listening to the
voices in my head and try to catch up with what
they've been discussing while my attention was
on the outside world... usually, it's not hard
to pick up the thread, as it's generally along
the lines of "kill the unbeliever..." :-)

Ok, resume your coffee break. Move along.
Nothing more to see.

/kevin (who yesterday learned an unboring fact about
how new, high-efficiency furnaces can fail
in the coldest weather...) Lone Writer

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com