Questions in the Field.

Subject: Questions in the Field.
From: gallantfoxman -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:27:57 -0700

My name is E. Brent Nelson and I am currently a student at Brigham Young
University. I am writing a paper about getting published in the field of
computer science and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for
my cause. (You, of course, will receive all credit for the comments you
make.) PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS
(gallantfoxman -at- hotmail -dot- com) INSTEAD OF POSTING A MESSAGE ON THE MESSAGE
BOARD.

1. Where is the market at for technical writers (magazines, books,
internet, etc.) What do publications pay for an article?

2. What are the basic skills required to write effectively in the field of
computer science?

3. How was it for you when you started out? Were you rejected a lot? What
led you to continue in the field?

4. What do editors look for in a paper from the field of computer science?

5. What are some of the main publications in this field? What publications
accept previously unpublished authors? What publications accept unsolicted
articles/manuscripts?

Again, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS
(gallantfoxman -at- hotmail -dot- com) INSTEAD OF POSTING A MESSAGE ON THE MESSAGE
BOARD.

I thank you in advance for you time and help with this project.

Edward Brent Nelson
(801) 371-4218
gallantfoxman -at- hotmail -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com