Re: Calling All Font-Fondlers!

Subject: Re: Calling All Font-Fondlers!
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:16:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Text Excellence" <robert -dot- kennedy -at- textexcellence -dot- com>

| I'm interested in "Usability" feedback:
|
| 1) Is it site's purpose clear? (As defined
| by headings in the main content area...)
| 2) If not, what is unclear?
| 3) Do you have an opinion about how
| the site might be improved?

I could not tell from the home page what the site was intending to be. I had
to hunt for the purpose of the site and finally found it on the Background &
Scope page. I think the following information should be revised as appropriate
and placed on the home page so that a first-time visitor can quickly determine
the site's purpose:

<quote>

a central information resource on the regional technology scene. What if there
could be sections for:

a.. company press releases;
b.. themed-based stories featuring management interviews;
c.. a directory with regularly updated company information?
And, what if we could:

a.. "push" this updated content out to subscribers in the form of monthly
(or bi-monthly or weekly?) e-mails;
b.. provide a platform for guest articles from significant voices in the
technology community;
c.. create a forum for users via enhanced functionality (stay tuned!) that
cannot be replicated in a print edition.
And, and, and. provide all of this free, for no charge, to the audience
(excluding, of course, select advertisers who would have access to an engaged,
targeted audience)?

</quote>

There's also the possibility that more than the above-quoted material on the
Background & Scope page should be on the home page.

BONNIE GRANAT
Editing & Writing
http://www.editors-writers.info

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com