OT: The Columbia

Subject: OT: The Columbia
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 06:59:18 -0800

Many of us are very interested in space stuff. If you are not, please
disregard this.

For those of you away from the news right now, the space shuttle Columbia is
missing. Lost contact at 6am Pacific time as the shuttle was entering the
atmosphere to land in Florida. It looks right now as through it exploded
over Texas. My heart is broken.

My heart goes out to the families of the astronauts and all the people
involved with the mission. I am too old to be an astronaut now but I have
hopes for my niece and eventual grandchildren. This is just terribly sad and
tragic.

I apologize about the off-topic post. If you want a tech writing tie in,
think policies and procedures, I suppose. Or just think about losing a
shuttle and the people aboard. And say a prayer to whatever you may say
prayers to.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting