Re: credit check for interviews

Subject: Re: credit check for interviews
From: "Matt M." <justify73 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:41:05 -0500

Sean:

This has happened to me in the past. I worked as a Technical Writer for Equifax Card Services. Due to the sensitive personal and financial information that is potentially available to all employees of Equifax, a credit check was part of the hiring process.

More recently, my current company performed a background check that included a credit check. I was made aware of this before hand (and had to actually sign a waiver that authorized them to do so).

I guess that in increasingly difficult economic times, employers feel that they need to be (or CAN be) more selective as to the type of employee they hire. Par for the course nowadays.

Matt

Hey all.
Last Friday, NPR ran a story about how companies run credit checks on potential employees. I was surprised, I don't think this has happened to me....has this happened to anyone else? Under what conditions did this occur? What were the results?

I'm just curious, because that's the sort of fellow I am. :-)

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com