Re: Question re: Quark Express, Adobe Page Maker & Importing Word Docs

Subject: Re: Question re: Quark Express, Adobe Page Maker & Importing Word Docs
From: "Edwin Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:34:54 -0500

You can safely assume that there is a way to bring Word content into Xpress or Pagemaker.

The exact solution depends on the software versions we are discussing. For instance, do you mean OfficeXP and Xpress 2.0? Or is it Office 97 and Pagemaker 6?

Clients and employers live in a fantasy world from time to time, where the technical writing project looks "simple."

I just finished a very difficult project, where Word content was the basis of the technical manuals. However, much of the content was unwieldy. For instance, those innocent graphics! And, how hard could it be to transfer styled text into Pagemaker?

You may substitute different software names in the above paragraph, but the best answer is, "it depends."

If you take this answer to a DTP newsgroup, and ask about specific versions, you'll get better information, but will still need to test your assumptions on specific Word files.

Finally, I would look at this project and ask, "is it technical writing, or is it DTP?"

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com