RE: Outlook for the future

Subject: RE: Outlook for the future
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:47:05 -0800

Double check my numbers, but I just ran $9/hr * 40 hours a week * 50 weeks a
year and got ~$18k. My sister worked that sort of job for about 2 years and
she typically worked 45+ hours a week, a these people do not always show up
when they should. Or tell anyone they have actually quit, or... But
benefits? Wow.

My point is, tech writing for convenience store wages is just wrong... This
is a white collar ting to do. And you are supposed to bring actual skill to
the job.

I have said, even lately, for that wage, I would rather wait tables again.
The money is the same or better and you are physically active. You rarely
get benefits, but still.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting